Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I had my first personal meeting

Now how exciting is that? Well considering it is the first date of any kind with the opposite sex for quite awhile it was pretty darn exciting! We started by sending emails back and forth and a couple hours later we were in a local coffee shop having coffee/tea, there wasn't much time to get nervous, change our minds or back out which worked out well for me. I could easily have put that first meeting on hold indefinitely and that is not my goal!

Turns out G is a very nice man, very tall which is different for me but his height gave me the warm fuzzies. He greeted me with a friendly hug which was nice and then he quickly proceeded to talk up a storm. It made it very easy for me to just listen and relax a little. He had an easy laugh and many stories that made me laugh as well.

A couple of times he would ask a question and before I got to answer or finish my answer he would interrupt with another anecdote or onto another story. I do believe that is how he was dealing with his nervousness and didn't mind the not having to talk. I do realize that it is hard to get to know someone if they are not talking but there is nothing wrong with attentively listening to someone either!

I was surprised at how easy it was for me to blush but I think that was just more of that nervousness. I am glad that the first coffee date was not as scary and believe that I could look forward to the next one with a little more confidence.

Happy Hunting everyone and remember Have Fun out there and be safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment