Sunday, January 24, 2010

...and so it begins, a brief introduction

First ever blog! I know very little about blogs but what a great place to scribe all those witty things I have been thinking and no one to share them with. That is not a "poor me" statement, just a fact that pertains to my subject!

Firstly why Sleepless in Salina? Well Sleepless in Seattle was already taken and that's a movie that must have rocked online dating to its feet. Sleepless no, not really - Salina, not from there either, but I would love to see Italy and how romantic is that? Okay truthfully romance has very little to do with it; country, architecture and wine - lots of wine!

This blog is about my experiences with online dating, my perspectives and perhaps why we are still online dating - instead of actually hooking up with someone I mean.

I am a 50 year old, never married, grandmother! I have not been in a relationship for over 15 years and it has been much longer since I dated ... oh how pathetic does that sound? Meeting people has changed some in the decades since I was "playing the field" and I found myself checking out the online dating sites. I first signed up 10 years ago, before I knew how to post a picture or even to find my way back to the site I had signed on for. I am not sure how many sites I signed on for in the past 10 years but upwards of 8 or more, most of which I no longer remember and none which send me emails reminding me that my one true love has looked me up.

I am not a cynic of on-line dating, in fact quite the opposite. I do know that on line dating can work and you can meet that special someone that "rocks your boat". After all my best friends', cousins', neighbor met the man of her dreams and they are now happily married!

I have so much more to say and I will save it for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment