Friday, January 29, 2010

Ice breakers can be useful

So you are perusing the site, a picture catches your eye and you stop to read the bio. Sounds good and so you send along a wink, nudge or some fake gift icon! So what am I suppose to do with that? I know that if I don't respond you move on but I don't want to waste my visit with a wink or fake gift. I want to know what you have to say, start a conversation or ask me some questions.

I got a post from a fellow the other day 3 lines long and the only thing on my screen was (hugs), (kiss), (hugs), (kiss) you get the picture. He called it flirting, I called it a waste of my time and frankly his as well because that went into the proverbial cyber trashcan!

Ask an intelligent question or use some kind of icebreaker that requires more than a yes or no answer. Assuming of course that you are looking for an intelligent person to respond, if not then perhaps the flirting will work for you.

Now I must go check my email ...

No comments:

Post a Comment