Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's in a story?

I know first hand how hard it is to write your story and not sound corny, needy or stupid. I have sat in front of this blank computer screen with nothing on my mind only to jot down some dumb dribble that I am horrified to read later. No wonder Bubba looked me up!

Having said that something is better than nothing - this is your third sales pitch. For you fishing boys think of your name as the rod going in the water (no sexual connotations intended), your picture was the hook and your story will reel them in.

This does not mean go all crazy and tell your lifes story, neither of us has that kind of time. Relate the story to who you are, what you believe in, maybe even your ambitions. For me I want to hear what makes you happy. I am a glass 1/2 full kind of girl and want the same from the people I meet.

Think in terms of what kind of person you are hoping to meet. what is important to you? Are you career focused and wanting to meet a strong, independant person? It is okay to put it out there - you are wasting my time too, if I am not what you want in a date. Look back at all the previous dates or encounters you have had what did you like what didn't you like. (Do not share your past dates and encounters in this venue)

just an aside off this topic - don't put your facebook page, twitter or other personality page out there for all to see if you are not congruent to your story. By this I mean don't tell me you are loving, considerate, thoughtful person in your story and on your (facebook) page you are dissing your fellow employees and telling everyone how your job is crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment