Friday, February 12, 2010

Back so Soon!

Whew, what a ride! I just had the most exciting, intense online relationship, it was so amazing while it lasted ! Do you remember that new love feeling, you have butterflies in your tummy, you can hardly breath, you stop thinking straight. I felt like I could take on the world and no one could crush me. It has been a very long time since I have had that feeling, in fact some of it I am sure I have never felt (after all there is a mature side to me now!) I now know that it is a feeling I miss and I won't wait so long to have it again.

Having never actually spent anytime on line with someone before and then having a 10 day run was euphoric! I met the most wonderful, dreamy, romantic, intelligent, humourous and honest fellow I have ever had the pleasure to meet. Okay I didn't really meet him, we had a long distance only, romance and so of course I don't really know if he was all of that and a "bag of chips". Why would he lie? I didn't lie - as I discovered online romance is actually a great place to pour out your heart, soul and deepest thoughts and feel no shame, remorse or embarrassment. SAY WHAT! BACK UP! What the hell was I thinking - well I was thinking of love, romance, commitment, friendship, adventure and a variety of other unreal internet possibilties.

Lesson learned, do not go overboard crazy with your feelings, keep the interactions light and brief. Do not allow yourself to create an attachment to what you perceive the other individual to be like. It is clear to me that I am lacking experience in the online world and that my relationship skills are far too rusty to take on battle in cyber space. I will cautiously hone my skills and look forward to a better outcome the next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment