Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Long distance updates

The last blog I posted I told you I had a Canadian army dude and a U.S army dude emailing me! Funny thing was when they sent me more information about themselves the letters were the same - yes I too couldn't believe it. *

They were both widowed, with a son, retiring soon but the real funny part was they were both looking to retire in Ontario's cottage country. I am sure they will enjoy each other when they meet.

I am now only on two dating sites, there is no point in being on a site if you can't communicate with prospective mates and I am not yet willing to pay for a service that sends me possible matches from other countries or even such a distance away in my own country. I am not willing to leave where I live and although distance can be a category of profile selection it is usually how the crow flies and not a realistic distance for two people to match up.

So other than many long distance encounters which I am now ignoring - after all how many times can you hear the same story! There has not been too many bites, a couple of fellows have emailed me back but those just seem to be the ones that want to chat on the computer, the actually meeting of anyone has not taken place and most guys don't even bother to send an email back.

* It has just come to my attention that this is and so was my first lovely online dater - a scam (gotta love google) - I will be updating on this so others aren't caught in this malicious scam. Never, ever send money please if you have friends dating online please forward them to this blog

PS I have been considering shortening my profile, perhaps I have too much of nothing to say and the guys with the short profiles seem to be doing fine! Could I be going about this all wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment