Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On-line dating scam

Two posts in one day, well this just seemed like something that should be out as soon as possible. Firstly I want you to know that I would never diss another person no matter what the circumstances were and in this case I feel guilt free as I am sure this person doesn't really exist so there is no dissing going on. I do feel sorry for the real Salvatore Derosa's out in the world that have no idea of the smarmy behaviour going on in their name!

I started an online communication with Salvatore Derosa (the name he used) on January 28, 2010. I thought I was being very careful, I thought I asked all the right questions and I did my google searches and 411 checks on the computer. There were a few small red flags so I was cautious but really wanted everything to be true. I can be cynical but I do not believe I am a cynic and I really wanted everything this guy was saying to be true!


This is the first email I received after the intial courtesy email

Thanks for your message, I'm astonished at your depth. Very unusual for a woman. What a major attraction. I am glad that you chose to write back to me as you did, as it is not wasted on me. I like it that you are so open, so honest...so real with who you are. That speaks volume to me about you. So I should probably tell you a little more.

I was born and bred in Sicily, Italy moved over here a couple of years back, I have a 10- year old son who is the apple of my eye, Im an Electrical/electronic engineer and work on mobile network synthesis and analysis. I've worked all my life and i think i have all i need as a man but the only thing missing is love.

Im looking for a serious relationship which could possibly lead to marriage,like i said in my profile,i'm looking for an affectionate, sincere and responsible...a caring woman...who would love to have some one to share her life with, do things together like 4x4 in the mountains exploring, campfires and camping out, dinning-out, canoeing and fishing , watch movies at home...listen to music...travel...I look for a woman who would like to be my partner, sweetheart, best friend and my lover all wrapped up in one,be a caring, honest and reliable person...who has feelings for her partner...willing to stand by her man through all the ups and downs in life...has a great personality...with a good sense of humor...loves the great outdoors.I hate liars,arrogant,egomaniac, I dislike people who cheat, that are unfaithful to
their partner's, use drugs, who steal, argue,fight, are noisy etc.i'm looking for a soul mate

Your openess in life is clearly an attraction to me. I am very passionate about things that I believe in and things that I know are true. I have a lot of compassion. I enjoy going out to eat, watching movies, cuddling on the couch to watch a movie or a TV show, or to watch games, and taking walks. My motto in life is "You only live once so live it well." You will impress me with who you are not what you have. The cup is half full, and don't forget - you get what you give. Relationship is like a partnership and opinions are important, it needs to be 50/50. You must be able to laugh at yourself as well as at me. We can either talk for hours, or just sit together without a sound enjoying each other's company. I am looking for some one who is independent yet will still ask for a hand when needed.I want someone who is comfortable in something to the effect of Jeans-t-shirt, sweatshirt as well dress up for the occasion. You must be a casual person with a sense of humor. Must be able to dish it out as well as take it. Having an opinion of your own is also extremely important although you must be able to actually listen to other persons and actually take it in not just in one ear and out the other. Both people have to contribute. It's important to have great conversations but have great chemistry too.
I want to say that anything can happen if a person's mind is set to it. Your ambitions will come to pass. Good things are meant for you. Love and compatibility, and mutual interests are what make any relationship worthy. I would treat my woman with the utmost respect. My woman should never walk behind her man always beside him. I have no problems with public display of affection such as kisses or holding hands. I have so many things to say but I have to get off the system now .
At times I can't find the words to say what I mean in person, so writing it down when I think about it, helps me get my point across. All I know is you are someone I want to know better.

This is almost a page long already. I feel that we have broken the ice and have found some very common grounds between us. I am opening up to you and being honest with you. Hoping you still continue writing, Well...I see I wrote a novel here, but I thought the effort should be worthy of the message that you sent. Have a wonderful day

Salvatore x

P.S
If you have yahoo Messenger you can add me as saldr09 so we can get to chat and know ourselves better. Have a wonderful day and hope to read from you

Now today when I googled saldr09 at his yahoo acct this is what finally popped up after 25 days since my intial google. This comes from another blog site

This post was dated January 23, 2010

I joined friendsreunited dating and a guy called Salvatore Derosa contacted me same jargon, dead wife young son living in the UK for 4 years (perfect english) father in nursing home in sicily. He then tells me he is working in Iraq but things are horrible there he has no money because his account has been hacked and he has lost £25000. He did not ask for money but tells me his son and the nanny are running out of money and that he is worried. I offered to fly the son to my home in Lanzarote and take care of him .. that scuppered him. Then he contacted me again and asked for £20 to be paid into an account in the Ukrain, my suspicions were confirmed and I blocked him, but then I decided tio have a bit of fun and see how far he would take this. Aparently he is now being held by militants and they are demanding money he has no one to help hm and I am heartless for not helping him and he trusted me and loved me and now he was heartbroken by my lack of trust. I took the p155 a bit then told him I was broke and could not pay my mortgage I had no food and electric I didnt know where to turn.. strange how he dissapeared ! I might string him along some more while I check up his IP address but I am not sure how to check it out. his email address is saldr09@live.co.uk at the moment he thinks he has me onside again … oops silly man .. but what a shame I wonder who the man in his photos is he is a real hunk lol


1 comment:

  1. that was me who posted that last year on another blog.. glad to see it wasnt wasted and I hope that more women have been saved from this man... I like to look it up occaisionally to see if the word is out about him. I wonder in 2011 if he is still upto his tricks or has changed his name and profile.. be carefull these low lives pick on the vulnerable and have no thought or consideration for anyone but themselves.. I believe in Karma... may god ensure this person gets his.

    ReplyDelete